Asbestos Removal Oxford can be venturous for both the environment and the people working on it. Therefore, a proper contractor or certified company ought to be hired for the safe removal of asbestos. Thankfully, currently, there have been well-established protocols, practices, and legislation to ensure proper removal and dumping of asbestos. Proper measures to safeguard and are also taken for both employees and the public from any exposure to the asbestos-related process.
Here is the method of how to remove asbestos cautiously:
For the safe removal of the asbestos foremost, we have to spot
- the kind of building. It is very important to understand the location on which the work is to hold on. A proper survey ought to be taken before the removal method. A Refurbishment and Demolition survey is to be carried out if the work was performed in an extensive and intrusive manner. During the normal occupation of buildings, Asbestos management will aid for the removal of asbestos without worrisome the surroundings.
- A Management Plan and Risk Assessment are established following guidelines issued by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for operating with removal or installation of asbestos. It works to identify who may be at risk in the potential for asbestos exposure during the removal or installation. It will also give solutions and methods to provide effective control of the risk caused due to removal of asbestos.
- The next step is to determine whether the removal process is licensed or non-licensed work. The work involves high health and environmental risk. Therefore, a proper license is taken from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Some of the licensable work included:
- Longer-term instead of periodic exposure to asbestos
- Asbestos coating including removal
- Any sort of asbestos work that might disorganizedly pipe
- Putting in asbestos insulation board
- Working on asbestos, which is likely to surpass the control limit of its exposure.
- Working on asbestos millboard or loose-fill insulation.
All the license work must be notified to the appropriate authority depending on the nature of the building or premises that the work is to be done. This will be either the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or any environmental agency of the local authority. The agency that is going to do the work must inform the authority 15days before the commencement of the work.
- The contractor who is carrying out the work must confirm that he or she had a proper license. They should have proper training, breathing apparatus, and protective clothing for the safety of their workers working under them.
- The Licensee contractor must also watch for the location of whether asbestos abatement activities are carried on. As the particles float within the air it is sealed off using polythene that creates an airtight enclosure. We can also use a wetting technique like spraying water and soap to reduce the release of fiber in the air.
- They even have to make certain after completing work friable materials like drywall or plaster ought to be taken away from the site. All Asbestos material, which contaminates the environment, must be securely double packed in 6mils and sealed in an asbestos waste pack nicely tagged and disposed of in a specialized hazardous waste bin site.